Quick update for those of you who don't follow me on social media (and why don't you?):
- House is nearing completion. We're hoping no more than eight weeks. A couple more weeks of craziness as we move in, then we should be able to get settled and I can get back to blogging regularly. Yay!
- A couple of weeks ago, I picked a fight with some stairs and lost. Sprained my right arm. That's right, the ENTIRE ARM. I know, I'm quite talented. While I'm healing, I'm not up to long posts yet. I'm pushing it with this one. You may scold me. I'll allow it.
|Don't pay attention to the slobbish look I have going on. |
This is as good as it gets until the arm gets better.
And now for an announcement - after much contemplation and self-reflection, I have realized something. Not only did life make blogging nearly impossible, I had burned out. It was too much and not enough all at once. What I was posting wasn't the perfect balance of who I am and what I want to share. I've successfully captured that on my personal Facebook page simply by being myself instead of playing a role. I want to bring that here in an expanded format.
Starting with my next post, you can look forward to:
- Funny stories about my kids. And me. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a klutz.
- Amazing recipes (including the BEST bread recipes I've found).
- Fantastic websites, apps, and products I absolutely love.
- Tutorials on how to do things - organizing tips, cleaning hacks, how to set up a blog, etc.
- Satirical posts on how not to do things (like falling down the stairs).
- Beautiful things I see.
- Short stories or excerpts of my writing.
- Featured posts on people I admire.
And if fictional characters happen to take over a post or two...so be it. They can be pretty bossy at times.
I've now overdone it. My arm is aching and I'm in desperate need of some of those dark chocolate Christmas M&M's I scored on clearance a few days ago.
Blog you later and a belated happy new year!