Heaven help me, I'm never going to get this book written at this rate!
Yes, I have made progress and will continue to do so. I will even get completely caught up and finish on time, gosh darn it!!!
The good news is I haven't fallen further behind. The bad news is I've been put in charge of planning a family reunion for this coming summer and I need to have a place and date planned and scheduled, well, YESTERDAY. Which means I'm obsessing over it way more than I should.
It's a darn good thing I'm good at organizing stuff.
Do you remember my goal for NO NEW OBLIGATIONS this week? Yeah...I failed spectacularly with that one. However, I have made significant progress on the whole family reunion thing, so I should be able to set that one aside for a bit and focus on my writing again.
I didn't make it to Chapter 25 on my outline. I think I'm on Chapter 21? But a couple of chapters are now going to be combined to streamline it and improve story flow and such. So I'm not nearly as far behind as it seems.
Annnnddd...the short story didn't get outlined.
I'm extremely frustrated with myself right now.
- NEVER say you've cleared something off your plate because the universe will laugh and give you something TEN TIMES bigger to plan. And then laugh again. Dumb universe...
- Despite my whining, planning a family reunion really isn't that hard. The most stressful part is finding a place that will accommodate 50-75 people without breaking the bank. Relatively last minute (do you realize how many places are already booked through the summer?!).
- I will second and third guess myself even once I've made a decision and obsess over it. You know, in case you couldn't tell.
- I need to get back into using a daily planner with handwritten goals and everything. I do so much better when I do that.
- This is something I already knew, but I was reminded of it this week - I have a fantastic support system. When this reunion planning thing leaped out from the dark corners of life and began beating me up, my cousins who have planned this same reunion in the past came to my rescue (in the form of a ton of great info and resources). You should see their mad ninja skills. Quite intimidating.
This Week's Goals
- START USING MY FREAKIN' PLANNER AGAIN. Ahem. I mean, I'm going to find my planner and bring it back up to date with my goals. Then I'll check it every morning to make sure I'm on track.
- I want to get caught up on my writing schedule. It's still doable. Very much so. I just have to stop adding to my ridiculously long to-do list.
That's it. I'm making my goals achievable this week. The focus is on knocking out chapters like a madwoman. I can do this!
A Challenge for You
This week, I want you to choose just one thing and make it your focus. It can be as simple as getting all the laundry done and put away. Or crossing off as many things off your to-do list as you can. Bonus points if it's something you've been putting off. SUPER bonus points if it helps you chase your dreams.
I wish you luck! (Wish me luck, too. I'm gonna need it!)